Support services are provided by licensed school counselors and social workers, including:
- Academic counseling: Helping students develop their academic skills and strategies, set and achieve academic goals, and make informed decisions about their educational future.
- Social-emotional counseling: Helping students develop their social-emotional skills, manage their emotions, build healthy relationships, and cope with challenges.
- College and career counseling: Helping students explore their interests, strengths, and values; research college and career options; and develop a plan for their future.
- Crisis intervention: Providing support to students who are experiencing a crisis, such as a death in the family, a traumatic event, or a mental health issue.
Support services are an important part of Passages Academy as they can help students succeed academically, socially, and emotionally. Other benefits of support services include:
- Improved academic achievement: Students who receive counseling services are more likely to achieve academic success.
- Reduced dropout rates: Students who receive counseling services are less likely to drop out of school.
- Improved social-emotional skills: Students who receive counseling services develop better social-emotional skills, such as problem-solving, conflict resolution, and stress management.
- Increased self-esteem: Students who receive counseling services have higher self-esteem.
- Improved mental health: Students who receive counseling services are less likely to experience mental health problems, such as anxiety, depression, and substance abuse.
If you are a parent or student, you can learn more about our counseling services by contacting one of our school counselors or our main office.